What’s New With Drupal In June 2017?
The Drupal Community has not failed to surprise its users this month as well with few amazing updates. These latest updates prompt users and developers to choose Drupal as the CMS for their websites.
- Drupal Maldova Community Program Calendar: With a mission to promote Drupal and Open Source technologies in Moldova, the Drupal Maldova Community has organized a number of events, meet ups, trainings and camps this year . The major ones to the list include Mold camp, Drupal 8 plus PHP, and Drupal Global Training Day.
- Drupal Association Q4 Financial Updates: After the Drupal board members meeting in April, approved the financial statements for the fourth quarter, the Drupal Community has now shared the financial statements for the same online. The statement includes a cumulative income statement and balance sheet of each month.
- Drupal Business Survey Announced: To understand the current business trends around the Drupal Community, and to collaborate better with the users and the developers, the Drupal community has invited all Drupal Agencies to take part in the annual Drupal Business survey. The survey aims to provide a picture of the current Drupal Business landscape, including the health of Drupal companies, obstacles and enablers for Drupal’s business success and D8 adoption. The survey results will be presented at the Drupal CEO Dinner at DrupalCon Vienna on Wednesday, September 27th, 2017.
- Drupal Community Webinar: The Drupal Community has invited all the Drupal enthusiasts to take part in the Drupal Community Webinar, to be held on July 6th, 2017. The present happening in the community, strategies for the future, and new updates to enhance the quality of Drupal as a CMS will be discussed in the webinar.
- Drupal Introduces Its New Partner: The Drupal community has put out a Request for Proposals to find a Managed Infrastructure services partner, earlier this year. The goal of the RFP was to find a partner to manage the fundamental infrastructure of Drupal.org, its sub-sites, and services, so that the internal Drupal Association Engineering team could focus more on Drupal’s mission of being the best CMS ever. After all the analysis and interviews, Drupal Association has now declared Tag1 Consulting as their Managed Infrastructure Service Partner.
- Drupal Security Update: As a solution to a number of security vulnerabilities, such as third party access to the private files uploaded by you or your user, the Drupal Contributors community came up with a security update for File REST resources. To make the best use of this update, it is recommended that you upgrade your existing site to the latest version of Drupal. Sites on Drupal 8 are required to upgrade to Drupal 8.3.4 and sites on Drupal 7 are recommended to upgrade to Drupal 8 or Drupal 7.56.
With all these updates and advancements, It is best to upgrade your Drupal website to the latest version. Our dedicated Drupal development professionals are waiting to help you build and market the perfect website needed for your business' success. To know more about the latest happenings in the Drupal community stay connected with us.