While the market is crowded with a large number of Content Management Systems (CMS), Drupal has made a special place for itself. It has the distinction of being easily adopted by the developers within a few months of its release. As we all know, Drupal is an open source and easy to use CMS that can be used to develop powerful applications and websites. Drupal is highly favored by top companies and Government agencies for the amazing traffic handling and easy content management options it brings to their sites.
The features of Drupal have been improving with every new version released. The latest version, Drupal 8, is no exception for it offers over 1,500 themes and 1,000 plugins for free. This is in addition to the traditional high performance in powering websites with complex and large amount of data. Apart from all the freebies and open source roots, Drupal 8 has a lot of advantages that can help businesses grow easily. The major advantages of Drupal 8 include:
- Innovation: Being the present and future of Drupal, the innovative approach of Drupal 8 offers the best experiences to the users. Drupal8 offers a new set of features that include better configuration management, Views integration, Twig templates, easily editable content, RESTful API support, etc. These features fulfill the major requests of Drupal developers over the years.
- Speed: The latest version of Drupal offers the best platform for developers to build faster, mobile friendly websites. In contrast to older Drupal versions and competing CMSs, Drupal 8 has a better front-end performance for anonymous users. It loads pages and responds faster than the other Content Management Systems. It has the capability to effectively cache all the entities, saving more time in rendering the same content repeatedly.
- Customizable And Scalable: Drupal 8 modules can be easily customized and scaled to your business needs and thus contribute to the improvement, growth and innovation of your business. Module such as RESTful API connects to other apps with ease and helps the Drupal developers to use HTML or JSON for secure and faster data transfer. Also, Drupal 8 has multilingual support capabilities on the back-end and enablesDrupal developers to develop sites and quickly translate them into various languages.
- Security: Security is a prime concern for any application or website. Drupal 8 offers high levels of security with the new default template system- Twig. Trusted host patterns and dynamic URL detection are supported by removing PHP template from Drupal core and building using Symfony framework. This provides a safe and secure web environment to the developers and site owners.
- User-Friendly And Flexible: Drupal 8 is more robust, intuitive and efficient to theme and create modules.The Block system and Views make the websites visually appealing. Most of the Drupal 6 and Drupal 7 modules are either ported to or in the process of moving to Drupal 8 and most are available for free.
- Support & Community: Drupal has an all-embracing open source network which is more in tune with the market demand. When Drupal was introduced, it received enormous support and after the release of every new version, Drupal continued to receive more support. More than 3000 active developers contributed to coding and testing to build Drupal 8. Today, the Drupal community consists of more than 650,000 active members who are steadily growing day by day.
Thus, if you are looking for a hassle free web platform for your business, you must choose Drupal 8. To get the best out of Drupal 8 for your site, contact our expert Drupal 8 developers now to bring your business on track for better growth and prosperity.